The Chicago Financial Mathematics Advantage
The University of Chicago Financial Mathematics program is committed to advancing the teaching of theoretical and applied mathematics and its application to derivative pricing, trading risk management, quantitative finance, and portfolio management.
Given this mission, we train skilled, enlightened professionals who can make an immediate impact within organizations and financial markets. To reach that goal, we look for students who have a solid background in mathematics and are bright, engaged, and committed to an environment of opportunity, learning, and collaboration.
Connecting with Students
The Financial Mathematics Career Development Office provides potential employers with a number of ways to connect with our students while raising awareness of their organization, and building excitement around current opportunities.
Career Development invites your organization to:
- Hold an employer information session for our students on campus or at your office
- Post jobs, screen applicants, and schedule on-campus recruiting in our career management system FinMath Connect
- Post internship and volunteer opportunities utilizing FinMath Connect
- Engage FinMath students in quantitative research projects
- Host a trading competition with students
- Request resume books for students seeking internship and/or full-time opportunities
- Join the Stevanovich Center for Financial Mathematics research and become involved with panel discussions and seminars that are relevant to your business
- Hiring International Students – Employment Guide
For more information on engaging with FinMath Students, contact Sue Clark.