Tax Information

Tax Information

Some or all of graduate student funding may be subject to taxation by the Internal Revenue Service, and graduate students must file federal and state income tax returns.  While University administrators and officials cannot offer tax advice, this page links graduate students to information about the tax filing process.

UChicago hosts annual tax information sessions for graduate students each year. Note, this information is not comprehensive, and students should consult the Internal Revenue Service, state Departments of Revenue, or certified tax professionals.

Similar taxes workshops will be offered for international students who can contact the Office of International Affairs for more information. 

Federal Tax Information

State of Illinois Tax Information

International Student Tax Information