Connect | Discover | Impact
The mission of the Financial Mathematics Career Development Office is to provide students and alumni with the essential tools and resources to better prepare and position themselves to pursue their professional career paths.
5727 South University Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
The Career Development Office offers:
- Career Workshops and individualized appointments to help hone cover letter and resume as well as technical and behavioral interviewing skills.
- Employer recruitment events. In 2017-18, we hosted recruitment events with Goldman Sachs, CME Group, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, DRW, Morgan Stanley, Ernst & Young Quant Advisory, and PIMCO, all of which hired FinMath students during this period.
- Networking events with employer partners and alumni.
- Project Lab. As part of project lab, students work in small teams to solve a real research problem submitted by one of our employer partners. Students meet regularly with firm representatives and present results at the end of the quarter. They earn course credit while gaining practical experience and networking with industry professionals.
- FinMath Connect is a job board and platform with career resources that are exclusive to students in the program. In addition, FinMath students gain access to supplementary resources available through the University’s central career office for graduate students – UChicagoGRAD.
- Career Outcomes. 98% of recent graduates were employed or pursuing additional graduate studies within six months of graduation. In addition, 97% of full-time students seeking internships in 2017 were successful in securing at least one position during their time in the program. In 2017-18, FinMath students have accepted full-time and internship positions at Goldman Sachs, Barclays, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Citi, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BlackRock, CME Group, Dimensional Fund Advisors, HSBC, Bloomberg, and PIMCO to name a few.
The Career Development Office is committed to supporting our students and alumni as they connect with resources that will allow them to realize their individual career path, as they discover people and organizations that will strengthen their professional network, and as they impact financial markets by applying their passions and skills.