Connect | Discover | Impact
The mission of the Financial Mathematics Career Development Office is to provide students and alumni with the essential tools and resources to better prepare and position themselves to pursue their professional career paths.
5727 South University Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
The Career Development Office is proud to offer tailored and dedicated support to each individual student. Preparing you for success in the job search is our top priority, and we have built strong professional development activities and events to guide your transition into the next stage of your career:
- Employer recruitment events. In 2018-19, we hosted events and career treks with Bank of America, Barclays, CME Group, Dimensional Fund Advisors, DRW, Goldman Sachs, IMC Financial Markets, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, and Neuberger Berman, just to name a few.
- Networking events with employer partners and alumni, including panel discussions, technical interview workshops, and professional conferences like the annual FinMath alumni conference and the 2019 Analyze your Options conference we delivered in partnership with Options Clearing Corporation and Barron’s Group.
- Career Workshops and individualized appointments to help refine your career goals, application materials, and both technical and behavioral interviewing skills.
- Project Lab. As part of project lab, you will work with a small team of students and a faculty advisor to solve a real research problem submitted by one of our employer partners. You’ll confer regularly with practitioners at the firm and present your results at the end of the quarter. Earn course credit while gaining practical experience and networking with industry professionals.
- FinMath Connect is a job board and platform with career resources that are exclusive to students in the program. In addition, you gain access to supplementary resources available through the University’s central career office for graduate students – UChicagoGRAD.
- Career Outcomes. 97% of recent graduates seeking employment secured positions within six months of graduation. In addition, 96% of full-time students seeking internships in 2018 were successful in securing a summer position. View more details on our Career Outcomes and Internship Statistics pages. In 2018-19, FinMath students have accepted full-time and internship positions at Goldman Sachs, DRW, Chicago Trading Company, Citadel, Barclays, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, Citi, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BlackRock, CME Group, Dimensional Fund Advisors, and Neuberger Berman, to name a few.
The Career Development Office is committed to supporting our students and alumni as they connect with resources that will allow them to realize their individual career path, as they discover people and organizations that will strengthen their professional network, and as they impact financial markets by applying their passions and skills.